Monday, February 17, 2014

The Most Important Factor To Consider When You Choose An Eating Plan/Diet To Lose Weight

A few days ago I wrote a post about picking an effective eating plan/diet. In this post, I listed the four criteria I used to pick a weight loss eating plan:
  • It doesn't cost me money to attend meetings, pay for special food, or get advice I don't need.
  • I will not take meds or supplements for weight loss.
  • The eating plan helps decrease the risk of heart disease and type II diabetes.
  • The eating plan is a forever plan (I have to be able to stay on it forever)
You may have different criteria, but the one you should consider including is the last one - the eating plan you pick is a forever plan.

Why bother going through the trouble of learning how to eat to lose weight and then go back to the old habits that put on the weight in the first place?

Here's my forever plan - my eating plan for life:

<a href="http://www.linkedtube.com/y5YHc0N3Ni0f3eedd035a65bb2393c21e30bc4fca0f.htm">LinkedTube</a>

And you have to be practical - no one can eat fewer calories than their bodies need to function - a number that's different for every individual based on age, gender, and activity level. In my previous post, I stayed on my low sugar/low carb plan when I reached my target weight. I had to adjust the carbs slightly upward to stop losing weight (the doctor reprimanded me for losing too much weight) - I added a few good carbs to what I ate every day.

Is your current weight loss eating plan a forever plan? Or do you plan to return to former habits after you hit your target weight? Think about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment