Friday, February 21, 2014

Not Seeing Any Weight Loss Results? Try These Suggestions

I've been answering questions on Yahoo! Answers and I keep seeing the same theme - I'm trying to lose weight, but I don't see any results!

Here's a prime example: This person said she "drastically changed lifestyle but not seeing any results?"
I am female, 23yrs, 26 BMI. I have weighed 130 for the past two years, before then I was always 90-100. I'm very short.
I have been struggling to eat 1,200 cals a day, I really feel full before I make it to that but I understand I need to not eat too little, either. And I do 30 mins each of yoga, general cardio, and targeted strength exercises for my abs, arms, and legs every other day. I've also started drinking 8 cups of water a day and walking more. And like I've said, I've been doing this for 4 weeks. 
Is it normal not to see any progress yet?
My answers to these type of questions emphasize the low sugar/low carb eating plan as well as the right types of exercises to lose weight:
You started at 130 with BMI of 26. 
What were your key measurements (biceps, waist, bust, waist, thighs, calves) when you started? Your progress can be measured by the way your body has changed, not just your weight. 
I suggest you make a few tweaks (phase-in): 
  • Instead of struggling with calories, focus on a low sugar/low carb (but good carb) eating plan. 
  • Turn your cardio into interval training 2-3 times a week. 
  • Keep up with the strength training and make sure you leave your body time to recover (max workouts - 3 times a week to allow for muscle recovery).
If this is your weight loss issue - you're not seeing any results after a month or two - you need to change up your methods, introduce them one at a time, and keep up your motivation! 

No comments:

Post a Comment