Sunday, September 9, 2012

Over 40 and female? Lose Weight Faster Using These Two Techniques


Case in point  - over 40 by a lot - lost 10 pounds in a year by beefing up the exercise program. By adding strength training workouts. Note that this took a year to accomplish.

I lost the next  and final 10 pounds in 3 months 

What happened to lose the next 10 (and final pounds) so much more quickly than the first 10?

I added 2 new habits. First, I dropped my sugar consumption to less than 25 grams a day by monitoring the sugar content of everything I ate. Also, I tried to eliminate carbs (potatoes, rice) in the evening meal. that's a tough thing to do when the person cooking your meals is Italian! No pasta! Refer to Dr. Mercola's article on Fructose: The Amazing Similarities Between this Toxic Sugar and Alcohol.

Then, I added a strength training program that incorporated metabolic workouts (interval training such as step up 20 sec hard/40 sec recovery for 10 minutes). Refer to this link:
New Rules of Lifting for Life.

Note that these 2 techniques worked for me. You may not be in the same situation - post menopausal and finding it very difficult to drop an ounce. Besides, the combination of the diet plus the strength training ensures that you lose fat and not muscle.

No comments:

Post a Comment